Online short course
Our innovative, self-guided online short course has been developed in collaboration with the Queensland Government along with other private businesses.
Our online short course equips workplaces to provide an effective and respectful responses to team members who may be impacted by domestic and family violence (DFV).
- people directly experiencing violence and abuse
- people using violence and abuse
- others affected by violence and abuse
- the person responding to the violence and abuse.
This easy-to-follow, self-paced course helps reduce stigma and the complexities associated with DFV.
It is suitable for staff of all levels and is relevant to all workplaces.
Our online short course will educate participants to Recognise when DFV is occurring, how to Respond to colleagues affected and Refer them on for further support if required.
What will be covered:
- Increases understanding of DFV issues in our society
- Explains why DFV is a workplace issue
- Information and statistics on the prevalence of DFV in Australia
- Assists staff to RECOGNISE the signs in the workplace when DFV may be occurring
- Demonstrates how to respectfully RESPOND to a colleague in the workplace who may be experiencing DFV or a colleague using violence or abuse
- Shows how to REFER colleagues onto suitable services in a supportive manner
The course takes up to 30 minutes to complete. Duration may vary as it is self-paced.